Copyright, KatL, What Ho!, 2011-2016.

Unauthorised use and/or duplication of this material without permission from this blog's author/owner are strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided the full and clear credit is given to me KatL, and 'What Ho!' with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Sunday 28 February 2016

So long Vietnam, hello Singapore!

The next morning we'd packed and checked out, and got to Hanoi Airport well in time for our flight to Singapore.
Hanoi airport

We'd become used to the more comfortable climate of the north of Vietnam, and had travelled to the airport in a temperature of around 19C.  So we were unprepared for the shock of the temperature in the 30Cs when we landed in Singapore that afternoon.  R had to explain to me that Singapore is only 1 degree north of the equator.  I'd always imagined it to be closer to the Tropic of Cancer, so again my poor geography was demonstrated in bucket loads.

Once we'd arrived at R & J's house, we were shown our room, and then R suggested we head into Singapore town to see the sights.   Either my camera didn't like the new temperature or I'd not got the setting right for night time shots, but these are the best few of the 20+ shots I took that evening...

Ah.  Bright lights, big city!

Each night there's a water show - fountains and special effects including lasers and music.

Looking across the bay to the Colonial side of town - note the Singapore mascot, the water lion with the jet of water from his mouth.
Keeping it short tonight, been a busy day in realtime, and I'm getting over a stinky cold, so need to catch up on my beauty sleep!  

Night y'all.  Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment