Copyright, KatL, What Ho!, 2011-2016.

Unauthorised use and/or duplication of this material without permission from this blog's author/owner are strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided the full and clear credit is given to me KatL, and 'What Ho!' with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Wednesday 23 November 2011

Getting there.... slowly

Where does the time go?

I've had my final letter from the company advising me of my redundancy details, but not seen the balance in my bank account yet...

I actually had an interview as well last week, but blew it when I said I was looking for part-time term-time.  They said I presented well, and they liked me and all that, but essentially the other candidate was more.... available.

In the meantime, I'm getting on top of all the niggley jobs around the place that you never normally have time to do.  Which is quite nice actually!  I've tidied my daughter's room, re-arranged the furniture (with her permission) and sorted the muddle of clothes strewn on her bottom bunk bed.  My nose hasn't forgiven me, and I've had words with her to put her dirty things in the laundry basket in future.  11 going on 17 going on 7.

R2-D2 is coming on quite nicely, if I say so myself. (see previous post). When next I upload the camera I'll post something here to give you an idea.  I've found some reference images online and am currently painting the detail in on the bin-body.

More of a problem is Princess Leia - which won't be cheap.  Freecycle hasn't been forthcoming, so I'll have to leg it to the fabric shop and get sewing.  Again, the saving grace has been web-surfing - I've managed to bookmark a few sites with quite good instructions on how to make you own costume.

If I wasn't just newly unemployed I wouldn't do it.  But with xmas on the way and school holidays I need to get everything done before the kids break up, so I'm not pushing the job thing too hard.  I'm fairly sure we can get by until new year.  Then it'll be new year, new start, and there'll be no stopping me!

Watch this space...

No comments:

Post a Comment