Copyright, KatL, What Ho!, 2011-2016.

Unauthorised use and/or duplication of this material without permission from this blog's author/owner are strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided the full and clear credit is given to me KatL, and 'What Ho!' with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Saturday 3 December 2011

Phew!

Tom's friend's party was today.  Hurray!  Indeed, R2-D2 went down a storm, and the other littlies were attired as Darth, Chewy, Luke, Queen Amidala, and others I didn't recognise as they feature in the first three films ie the second three (or modern!) films.  Anyhoo, much fun was had and much fighting with light sabres until the birthday boy had been injured once too often and it ended in tears.  As all good parties must.

Phoebe, in attendance as Princess Leia looked the part, especially with her giving the bouncy castle a go... ! Party food, birthday cake, birthday song, party bags and it was over all too soon (for some).  The question is what do we do with the R2-D2 outfit now the party's over?

And to show the fruits of my labour......



I didn't intend 'Artoo' to have the sabre.  But it was 'Dickensian' evening in town last night, and I was shedding money left, right and centre.  There were real reindeer, stalls and tombola/raffle/fund raising a plenty, shops open and yes, chestnuts roasting on an open fire...  I kid you not.  I wouldn't normally indulge the boy, I mean, £5 for a crummy plastic made in china/taiwan wherever light-stick that'll break as soon as you get it home and the man took the wrapping of as I handed him my money, so I've no consumer rights or come back...  To paraphrase my Dad's joke '£5 is £5'... and that's one of his better jokes!

I digress.  I didn't intend 'Artoo' to have the sabre, but they were on sale and I knew Tom would enjoy running around at the party, uncostumed (he made his entrance, and then took it off), wielding the thing, as that's what little boys do.  And he did.

So that was that.  Had a good yomp up the Ridgeway towards the Monument after the party.  Roly (our 8 yr old dalmation) hadn't had his walk this morning, so that had to be done.  Phoebe stayed home to do her homework, so just me and Tom, Simon out with his brother...  Wellies on (good planning, you can't go wrong keeping you wellies in the back of the car) and it was muddy, Tom seemed to have a tractor beam drawing him to the next patch.  Sagely I didn't let him near the tractor width puddles on the lower road, but you've no control over a mad dalmation who went in up to his knees and swiftly came out again.

Still, here's a piccy of where we were this afternoon,


yes, it is on a slope.  Look at the clouds, they're horizontal....  I took the shot from waist height, am quite pleased with the result.

Soooooo.  Will try to get the reindeer done for next time.  What is she on about???  Well, you'll have to wait and see, but it's the time of the year to update the reindeer collection and if you've not got one I'll put instructions up showing you how next time.   Thanks for reading  :)  Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment