Copyright, KatL, What Ho!, 2011-2016.

Unauthorised use and/or duplication of this material without permission from this blog's author/owner are strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided the full and clear credit is given to me KatL, and 'What Ho!' with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Sunday 25 November 2012

The day my hair went purple...

I missed by blogger birthday.  Last year on 9th November I dipped my toe in the blogosphere for the first time, and I'm still here (just) having my quiet rants to myself...

Busy weekend, went out last night to celebrate Howard's 40th birthday.  He was the youngest of the group and his wife Lesley had organised a meal out early as they're invited to a wedding on his birthday.  The night out was 2 days after Simon's birthday, so he celebrated being older quietly... he was 48. The evening was very pleasant at the Vyne and Spice in Long Wittenham.  Food very good, but I am a stick in the mud and eating late makes me a bit discombobulated. We got home at midnight, so quite tired today.

Today we drove to see our friends Martin and Rachel and their children Eliot and Abigail who live in Carey in Herefordshire. SatNav said 2 hrs there, 2 hrs back, but took 5 hrs travelling because of the weather/traffic.  The worst floods were on the A417 before Faringdon - which I've been driving through all week on the school run.  There was evidence of flooding and flash flooding on the single track roads that lead to Carey, and even though that road skirts the river (can't remember it's name) and was close to flooding we got through safely.  The river was a magnificent red colour from the local  soil, and there was debris floating along a quite a lick, so it did add a little edge to the journey...

That said, had a lovely lunch with our friends and a good catch-up.  Took my camera and forgot to take any photos.  doh.  Must be going potty.


So, for a change I thought I'd colour my hair.  The box said 'rich chestnut, semi-permanent, suitable for less than 50% grey' which I thought ticked the boxes.  Well.  Not exactly chestnut.  More of an aubergine, plum, purple sort of colour, and that was two weeks ago.  'Washes out in 24 washes'...  and it has faded and I'm quite happy with it.  But I hadn't coloured my hair for about 4 years, so it's been a bit of a talking point for quite a few people I've bumped into.  Mostly complimentary, and it's only hair, so will grow out eventually.  I may keep it that way.  We'll see.

Will keep it short tonight as am tired from the weekend's excitement!
ttfn. Kat :)




1 comment: