Copyright, KatL, What Ho!, 2011-2016.

Unauthorised use and/or duplication of this material without permission from this blog's author/owner are strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided the full and clear credit is given to me KatL, and 'What Ho!' with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Thursday 21 February 2013

Deflation subtract effort equals knowledge

By rights I should be feeling deflated.  I didn't get the job I applied for.  I didn't get the interview.  I did get the sift interview - whereby to whittle the 41 applicants(!) down to 5 to interview they held 'informal 15 minute discussions' with 15 of the candidates.  I was one of the 15, and then one of the 10 who got the letter saying we'd not got the interview.

So essentially I got the elbow.  But did I?  What I did get was an updated CV, always useful.  Interview experience, always useful.  And did I really want the job?  I wanted a job in school because working 'term-time only' makes childcare less expensive.  So I had a reason for wanting to work in administration in a school, but was it reason enough?  Obviously not.  So food for thought, which is also useful.... and my CV is up to date.

My poor hens have had a rough time of it.  The quantity of rain that fell on this country last year was record breaking.  We're all now aware of the water-table and aquifers that supply our water, and the floods that have happened up and down the country, but what does this mean in hen terms?  What effect has all the rain had on them?  I''ll show you.


This photo was taken a week ago. There had actually been a lull in the relentless rain of late, a few days of dryish weather, recovering from the snow melt, which wouldn't have helped.  Then one day of rain and  quagmire again. The land is so wet, so sodden, so squishy, there's no where for the water to go anymore.  Even the local park had floods...

Wantage Memorial Park Recreation Ground, flooding Jan/Feb 2013

above Faringdon new Cricket Ground, looking towards the Vale of the White Horse in the mist
So morning dog walks are feeling a bit more hopeful, there's Spring in the air, full of birdsong, leafbuds sprouting, snowdrops and daffodils straining, and yes, even a glimpse of blue sky, the promise of Spring, the start of something, a new beginning, again.  And it feels good. The recognition of the cycle, the groundedness of belonging to the routine of family, the routine of work, the routine of routine.

Kat.

No comments:

Post a Comment