Copyright, KatL, What Ho!, 2011-2016.

Unauthorised use and/or duplication of this material without permission from this blog's author/owner are strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided the full and clear credit is given to me KatL, and 'What Ho!' with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Monday 21 April 2014

Bits 'n' bobs

Sometimes blogging feels like an unravelling knot instead of a tieing up of loose ends.  There are things I want to say, but somewhere in the telling the thread is, if not exactly lost, then put aside for a while and not always returned to, and it strikes me that this is what can happen to us in life - we take our eye off the ball, and in the blink of that eye we miss the goal.

I don't think this is a bad thing.  Missing the goal.  There seems so much pressure to achieve goals throughout life - and we're not all footballers are we?  Children/students have exams to pass, the goal is the passing, the certificate, the piece of paper, the grade, the judgement, the pressure.

We seem to have lost the pleasure in learning along the way.  The living, the breathing and understanding.  The sharing, participating and pleasure.  It occurs to me that it's a short step from pressure to pleasure or vice versa.

So yesterday, recovering from my lurgy, we paid a quick visit to the National Trust property at Nuffield Place - the home of Lord and Lady Nuffield.  http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/nuffield-place/

This was a place I will go back to.  As the weather was inclement we didn't stay long, the house was crowded but the gardens looked inviting and inspiring.  However I do take pleasure in learning about the past on these visits.  I also hope the experience of visiting the National Trust properties we take them to comes to mean something to our children - not in a pressured way, but if only for the memories they will look back on as they grow older.

So in a theme of 'bits 'n' bobs' I'll tie up the ends with the promised further photos from Cornwall, and I found that book I mentioned last time on Amazon...

Attitude: your most priceless possession

The Lost Gardens of Heligan:  http://www.heligan.com/
had changed since we were last there - understandably, it's been 12 years and things move on.  Some of it was remarkable....
Magnolia
Tree fern fronds unfurling- even writing that gives me pleasure!
Dexter calf and Mum
Giant
Mud maiden
The morning at Heligan was overcast and cool, but the afternoon brightened up and we fit a quick trip to the beach in on the way back to The College...




One of these days I'm going to write my blog with time to spare, with no pressure to get to bed, so I can fiddle with the settings and become an expert in layout...  Obviously these two photos would be better side by side, but this is the best I can do.

So, you know what's next. night night.  Back work tomorrow, yeah! (no, really, I work in a Library - I LOVE my job).
:)
Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment