Copyright, KatL, What Ho!, 2011-2016.

Unauthorised use and/or duplication of this material without permission from this blog's author/owner are strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided the full and clear credit is given to me KatL, and 'What Ho!' with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Sunday 22 January 2012

Missing, presumed Mum...

Sorry for the absence of blogs recently.

Simon took my netbook to the good old US of A for his visitation to Vegas for CES and Charlotte (place, not person!) for final interview.  It's good to have both (hubbie, netbook in that order) back safely, and I can upload my photos (to netbook, not hubbie!) easily again.

I've been busy, ya know?  Started my job at the small library in Grove.  Part-time, 1 year contract, and they've already offered me more hours, which is a good sign.  Also a good sign is the last time they recruited was 10 years ago - which means that people stay in the job, because, well, working in a library, you would, wouldn't you  :)

However, somewhere along the way I seem to have mis-placed my opinions.   What??  I know, "how can that be?" I hear you ask....!  Well, in the twilight time of my redundancy I (unwisely?) signed up to a few online survey sites - fill in this survey for 50p, or 100 points towards... whatever.  You get points for signing up, but not enough to turn into prizes - 1000 or more needed for that.  Well, so I had time on my hands, and I thought, well, give it a go....  Complete the survey to get the points or pence.

Or, as in my case, not.  It seems that they sieve out the opinions they don't want in the first few questions.  If you pass the first few screening questions you get to complete, but to date, I've been screened about 40 times, but not completed anything.  It seems that once they know that I'm 46, unemployed (I've not done one since starting my new job), no TV, likes reading (but not magazines from the list they provide), doesn't drink, listens to Radio 4, only shops at Lidl and Sainsburys, hasn't bought any white goods in the last 2 years, hasn't got a smart-phone, tablet or other 'modern' mobile device, doesn't wear make-up, drives a 10yr old Honda, has a child aged 10-15 (but I'm not letting them mess up her head!), hasn't been abroad on holiday for last 2 yrs, doesn't smoke, doesn't have any long-term ailment, and they've worked out how anti-consumerism my views are, then, guess what?  They don't want to know!

No wonder I feel invisible.  Not just the menopausal madness of a middle-aged woman then.



Mossy fence-post on the Letcombe footpath - reminds me of the 'holy grail' for some reason...

Anyhoo, hope you have a good day, keep it sweet!  Kat  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment