Copyright, KatL, What Ho!, 2011-2016.

Unauthorised use and/or duplication of this material without permission from this blog's author/owner are strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided the full and clear credit is given to me KatL, and 'What Ho!' with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Thursday 5 January 2012

Quandry

I've just been admiring my photo of the Snowy Owl (2 or 3 blogs ago) taken at Beale Park in October 2011.

Beautiful, even if I say so myself.

But caged.

But how else will I see something so rare so close, how else to show the children?

I saw a buzzard (not a kite, didn't have a forked tail and the colouring wasn't kite) being buzzed by a couple of crows out on the dog-walk today, and by the time I'd retrieved my camera and set the zoom they were well out of shot, and it would have been good.  But the trophy of getting a shot of the birds in the wild, as opposed to the caged owl.  Not enough time to capture the wild, but the dilemma we face when faced with caged animals.

Conservation - back to sustainability again - needs to exist, I understand this rationally, but the emotional/'wild' side of me yearns to break open the cages and set them free.  Or is this just a metaphor, and I am the caged animal yearning to be free?

Answers on the back of a postage stamp to....... Kat (me-ow!) keeping it short!

No comments:

Post a Comment