Copyright, KatL, What Ho!, 2011-2016.

Unauthorised use and/or duplication of this material without permission from this blog's author/owner are strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided the full and clear credit is given to me KatL, and 'What Ho!' with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Saturday 16 March 2013

Stepping down...

I've just retired for the first time.  That is to say I've stepped down from the post of Secretary at Wantage Women's Institute.  Not because I've not enjoyed myself, but because I need to find a space for me at the moment, and because I couldn't be certain that I could maintain my commitment to the post for a further year.

I've done it since our WI was formed in November 2009. Three and a bit years. And it's been absolutely great fun, and it was something I think I needed at the time.  But it takes a lot of time between meetings, and, in my life, there's never enough time. So something had to give, and that was it.

I'll miss it.  Well, not initially, as there's the minutes I took from the last Committee Meeting to produce, and the Record of the last meeting I attended as well.  But once all the strings are tied up then I'm off the hook.  They asked for volunteers for the tea and coffee duties at the next meeting and my hand shot up.  It's not like I'm not going to participate any more, I'll just do it in a different way.

To find out more about 'my' WI you can check out our website:  wantagewi.weebly.com.

Kat


No comments:

Post a Comment