Copyright, KatL, What Ho!, 2011-2016.

Unauthorised use and/or duplication of this material without permission from this blog's author/owner are strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided the full and clear credit is given to me KatL, and 'What Ho!' with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Sunday 29 September 2013

Love of nature...

Pleasing heart-shaped leaves on teasel plant at Faringdon Cricket Ground circular walk....
I LOVE this photo, and I took it myself  :) LOL....

It's Autumn and there seems to be too much going on to get my head down to write about it.  The glorious arable countryside around here escapes my attempts to capture it on my digital camera - usually because I've left the camera at home.  But also the size of the fields is difficult to do justice to in a simple snap.  I love the way they change colour throughout the year according to what crop is planted and where it's at in its growth and harvest cycle.

I love the patterns made by man and nature together.  Tractor tracks that the tractor driver accurately keeps to to minimise crop damage, the ploughed and furrowed fields after harvest, the new shoots and then the ripples the wind waves across the fields of barley.  It's the satisfaction of watching something grow.  Something good to nourish us.  Something strong to shield us.  Something to warm us and bring us comfort in the coming winter months.

Maybe it's got something to do with feeling close to nature.  I certainly feel better about myself living in the country, feel more myself walking the dog hereabouts, feel nearer to myself somehow, more centred and content with the abundant greenery and wide open spaces nearby.  There's always something to catch the eye, a Red Kite soaring and especially now, the turn of the year, the leaves are going over and there's a crispness in the air, a promise of things to come.

Feeling thankful, and if you want some apples there's still plenty to spare....  night night y'all.  Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment