Copyright, KatL, What Ho!, 2011-2016.

Unauthorised use and/or duplication of this material without permission from this blog's author/owner are strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided the full and clear credit is given to me KatL, and 'What Ho!' with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Wednesday 16 October 2013

It's all happening here...

... crikey!  Blogger being v-e-r-y   s-l-o-w   t-o-n-i-g-h-t,   w-h-i-c-h   i-s   a   p-a-i-n,  b-e-c-a-u-s-e  I'v-e   a   l-o-t   t-o   s-a-y....

These little things get under my skin and frankly, sometimes, I speak out - well, you're reading this, and you know me (a little?) by now, so that's no surprise then.

On Sunday it rained and rained, and eventually I said to Roly, well if no-one else is taking you, we'd better go for a walk.  Wellies and raincoat on, and off we went.  So far so good.  We got to Willow Lane and I let Roly off his lead, as usual, and I plodded behind him, one eye on the dog, one eye on the building development behind Newbury Street, to see how it's progressing. (And that's another story!).

A little way ahead of us a woman, child and dog stopped, turned around and walked away from us.  I didn't register this too highly, and we continued on our way, Roly his usual distance ahead, slow and steady, sniffing here and there, peeing here and there.  In fact I didn't think about the woman ahead of us at all until I noticed she'd stopped and then screamed aggresssively at me "WILL YOU PUT YOUR DOG ON A LEAD?"

Umm...what???  I called Roly, who came to me, slow and steady, sat in front of me and I put his lead on.  Feeling a little bemused and affronted we continued on our way and the woman turned towards us and approached us.  As we crossed paths I said "A please would have been nice".

Oops!!!  Another torrent of abuse from her, most of which fortunately I didn't really register as I have partial hearing in my right ear.  The only bit I did catch was something like 'vets bills would you?'.  Her dog also growled at Roly as we passed, voicing her anger.

I'm still confused.  I don't think I'd done anything wrong.  Roly would have 'said hello' to her dog if he'd passed by, but he hadn't reached them before the incident, so I'm at a loss to understand her behaviour.  Any ideas welcome.

As promised, here are the photos of spiders webs from the foggy mornings a couple of weeks ago.  Hope you like them.


And with those thoughts I'll leave you.  nighty night.  Kat  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment