Copyright, KatL, What Ho!, 2011-2016.

Unauthorised use and/or duplication of this material without permission from this blog's author/owner are strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided the full and clear credit is given to me KatL, and 'What Ho!' with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Sunday 13 October 2013

We are all connected (2)

I've got a nice mug of chocolatey Ovaltine tonight - I say it's a nice mug because, to me, it is.  I know it's a Hornsea Pottery 'Looney' Mug, but the Hornsea Pottery stamp on the underside has long since worn off....  Long since when?  Since when my Grandmother bought it for me, on or around my fifteenth birthday.

We'd visited the Hornsea Pottery site near Lancaster one summer holiday, must have been 1980, and Grandma bought me two mugs - one 'Moody' and one 'Looney' because I couldn't choose between the two, and also because you might have applied either adjective to me at the time...

So, these many years down the line, only the 'Looney' mug remains, and whenever I use it I am reminded of my Grandmother...  we are all connected, you see.


I'll apply the KISS theory tonight - Keep It Simple, Stupid!  Or as may apply here, keeping it short...

night y'all.  Kat  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment