Copyright, KatL, What Ho!, 2011-2016.

Unauthorised use and/or duplication of this material without permission from this blog's author/owner are strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided the full and clear credit is given to me KatL, and 'What Ho!' with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Thursday 18 April 2013

Return of the .....

ROBIN!

Spring is upon us, and the mood to tidy up overtakes me.  I've removed our rusty old swing frame to the collection of scrap metal on the back field that has been overgrown by the bushes it was abandoned in (tidied to by the field owner) a couple of years ago.  Looks a bit obvious, but one of two things will happen. Either (a) the bush will grow further and envelope the swing frame as well; or (b) when the back field is eventually developed (later this year if it goes to plan) into new houses, then the builders will remove.  A little devious, but job done...

Pottering about around the garden is now finally something I can do because it's not too cold any more. Yippee!  Since my mad spree of lawnmowing a couple of weeks ago, I've caught myself up on the housework (Easter Holidays take their strain, and if something's going to give, then housework it shall be). So Sunday morning caught me mooching around our 'back passage'.  How else to describe it?  Side entrance or back door storage area.  AKA (also known as) the dumping ground.

I'm loathe to throw anything away in case I can find another use for it. Simon hates this, but I find the challenge stimulating, and money saving.  But sometimes you can have too many plastic plant pots, broken crocks, cardboard boxes etc.  I decided to have a bit of a clear out, a tidy up and re-arrange.  I even planted some seeds, but's that getting ahead of myself.

I'd recently found a robin nest box in a charity shop.  £2.99, that'll do.  Robin nest boxes differ from other types by having a very open access instead of a small round hole. Looks something like this:


So I was wondering where to position it, where to hang it, store it, put it, for now, until I find the right place, the place a Robin would like, the place to start a new family... and this is what I found...


Top shelf, nicely secluded, that should do.

On closer inspection it seems I'm too late.  Mrs Robin's already in residence, I wonder if she'd like some neighbours?  Can't you see her?

Let's Z-O-O-M in then....

Mrs Robin, 15thApril, 2013...
I know I've said it before, but watch this space!

Keep it sweet, Kat :)

No comments:

Post a Comment