Copyright, KatL, What Ho!, 2011-2016.

Unauthorised use and/or duplication of this material without permission from this blog's author/owner are strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided the full and clear credit is given to me KatL, and 'What Ho!' with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Monday 13 May 2013

Back to ....

.... normal!  Well whatever normal is, anyway.

Thank goodness for that. I thought the doom fairies were here to stay.  Looking back I suppose the dark mood was predictable.  But that doesn't make it any easier.

I've been ill.  Nothing dramatic. Nothing big or fancy. Nothing worth writing about really.  But. It dragged on and wore me down and that's what was predictable.  At Easter I had a chesty cough - a bad one, phlegmy and feverish, and it put me to bed for 3 days.  Which wasn't the end of the world.  Just annoying.  Sort of spoiled the Easter break, but it didn't dent my work attendance record....

But the cough, and the, ahem, phlegm lingered.  It took a long time to clear up.  4 weeks to be precise.  Just in time for Cardiff.  Nice.  And on the return journey from Cardiff the cough returned.  This time with a vengence, so I went to the Dr's to get it checked.  And after listening to my ailments (I won't list them all here) and doing the usual stuff, she said it was probably just bad luck that my immune system hadn't really recovered from the Easter bug, and I'd got ... another virus.

Great.  Really great. Just what I needed.  (not).  So I went to work on Tuesday and got through the day on painkillers.  Saw the doctor on Wednesday. Wondered why my zovirax (cold-sore stuff) wasn't working, and noticed it was dated 2012, but worked Thursday afternoon, coughing and spluttering, and by 4pm wondered if I would be fit to drive to collect Tom from school at 5pm.  Made it, but the Friday morning school run finished me off, and I had to call in sick Friday afternoon and Saturday morning. I felt like such a loser, I hate calling in sick, but sometimes it's better to stop spreading your germs....

I'm not a good patient.  I'm not patient at all in fact.  There's so much I need to be doing, and when I'm  ill it doesn't get done, and that's not conducive to me being relaxed or resting...  And it doesn't make for good blogging either.  You'll have noticed that recent blogs were more pictures and fewer words.  That's what happens when I'm feeling low I've noticed. My equilibrium, my oneness with the world and family, my mood ... changes, and it's not much fun to be honest.

It's an energy thing.  If I've not got it, I've not got it, and you can't push me to get it, and I can't push me to get it.  When I'm tired I need to rest. And that's not easy when there's so much to do....  I have to be ill, properly ill to stop, and that's just not in the game plan, now is it?  One good thing about being ill(!) was that on Saturday afternoon I managed to finish reading 'The Return' by Victoria Hislop, so that's one off my list.  Have now started reading 'How to be a Woman' by Caitlin Moran.  Quite a contrast....

Back to work today, and was good to be back, and my energy levels held up quite well.  Will get the hens to bed next, and then myself to bed too, but thought you'd like an update on the robins...  not long now before they leave, I'm sure.

13th May 2013

13th May 2013

apple blossom tonight

Time for bed said Zebedee... night. Kat  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment