Copyright, KatL, What Ho!, 2011-2016.

Unauthorised use and/or duplication of this material without permission from this blog's author/owner are strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided the full and clear credit is given to me KatL, and 'What Ho!' with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Sunday 12 May 2013

Oops! ....

'I did it again', as Britney Spears might say.

Browsing the charity shop bookshelves in Faringdon last week, I got 6 books for £2.

Two by Peter Lovesey: Stagestruck and Skeleton Hill.

Not my sort of thing, thought Simon might give him a try. If he's not impressed I can always donate them to the Library.

There was a pristine copy of The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry by Rachel Joyce -
I really enjoyed reading it, so have sent it in the post to my Mum for her to take on holiday with her....

Then I was taken with the cover and blurb of this non-fiction/science book:
"The Monarch is the only butterfly to migrate the way birds do, yet nobody knows how they do it.  Four Wings and a Prayer tells of the quest to trace the journey of the Monarch as it flies up to three thousand miles across North America, from Canada, through the United States, to a small mountainside in Mexico - and back again."

Finally two more, one author I like, and one I've seen in the Library and have been wanting to try:

 Curiosity got me with this one, and if I'm not engaged I'll donate it to the Library...

This one I do want to read.  I usually get on well with Sebastian Faulks, and this modern one sounds like a good read.... "Sweeping, satirical, Dickensian in scope, A Week in December is a thrilling state of the nation novel from a master of literary fiction".

What's not to like?  Kat:)

No comments:

Post a Comment